Mission & Vision
about 1 year ago
Mission and Vision
We at Mt. Woodson Elementary School, believe our mission is to educate all students to higher levels of academic performance in a safe, loving and healthy environment which promotes respect for self and others. We believe that all students have a right to achieve mastery of grade level and extended skills to achieve their full potential.
- We create a school environment that challenges all children, engages them in a variety of meaningful student-centered activities and provides them opportunities to reach their full potential physically, emotionally and academically. We encourage members of the community to grow together, confront challenges, share the excitement of discovery,and become lifelong learners (and teachers).
- We empower children by providing them with the tools necessary to succeed in an ever-changing, complex world.
- We are inclusive; we appreciate diversity on all levels and provide programs that promote multicultural understanding, appreciation and respect.
California School Recognition Awards
- "California Distinguished School" (1995)
- "National Blue Ribbon School" (1997)
- "California School Boards Association Golden Bell Award" (1999)
- "California Distinguished School" (2010)