8 months ago
Attendance is very important here at Mt. Woodson and we want all
our scholars to be here every day. If, however, your child is unable to attend school, please let us know by calling and leaving the right information.
Attendance Number: 760-788-5120 ext 5102.
Leave message including: Name of person calling, student name, date of absence, reason for absence and teacher.
If you would like to check on your student's tardies or absences, you can access the Parent Portal of PowerSchool, our student information program. The following are instructions for logging into PowerSchool.
The administration and staff at Mt. Woodson Elementary School are excited to announce that we are at the point where we can provide you and your student with access to your students current grades and attendance via the PowerSchool public portal. We also are using a Single Sign-on for Parents. This will allow parents to create their own accounts, and using access codes, link their accounts to each of their kids, allowing for one login to see all of the information. To create your parent account, follow these steps:
1. Open the internet browser on your computer
2. Type http://powerschool.ramonausd.net into the address bar
3. Click on the Create Account button
4. Enter your First name, Last name, Email address, Desired username and Password
5. Use the Access Code you were provided. Enter the Student Name, Access ID, Access Password and Relationship. If you have more than one child, you can put each of their access codes and passwords in here. Click Enter
6. View the information.
7. Remember to log off when you are finished.
If you do not have your student's access information, you can get it from your student's teacher or you can email Lacey Bowman at email@example.com and submit a request. If your email matches the one on file with your student's papers, it can be emailed to you.
Student Pick-Up Policies
8 months ago
After School Student Pick Up…
As a staff, we have growing concerns about after-school pick up in our parking lot, and especially on Highland Valley Rd. near the back gate. Remember, the guidelines were developed to ensure students are safe during arrival and dismissal times. Since safety is our primary concern, it’s time to review pick up procedures.
The parking lot can be a challenging place, especially after school. The guidelines are as follows:
1. When picking up your student in the front, stay to the right in the lane marked with an arrow. This will let the cars going straight to pass by. Please STOP AT THE LINE before the first driveway to ensure the buses can get through and observe the CROSSWALK for pedestrians.
2. The RED ZONE areas are NO PARKING at any time.Students must be dropped off and picked up at the YELLOW ZONE areas ONLY.
3. Cars may not be left unattended in the YELLOW ZONE, or DOUBLE-PARKED in the lot at any time.
4. After school if you are in the YELLOW ZONE, remember to keep moving forward as cars exit the YELLOW ZONE in front of you. We line cars up all the way to the end of the sidewalk.
5. If you need to come into the school, you must park in a marked stall, or on the street.
Parents and adults responsible for picking students up at the end of the day, please do not double park on Highland Valley Rd. and ask your children to walk out between parked (but sometimes still running) cars to enter your vehicle. This is a very dangerous practice! Also, please do not park across the street on Highland Valley Rd. and direct your child to run across that very busy road. If you choose to park across Highland Valley Road, you will have to exit your car and walk across the street and escort your child across the street yourself. Teachers and other school personnel can not allow your child to cross the road without being accompanied by an adult. Also, many parents are making U-turns in the middle of Highland Valley Road; again, a very dangerous practice. Finally, please do not park in the red zones at the corner of Archie Moore Trail and Highland Valley Rd. or at the drive-thru gate near the 3rd grade classrooms; neither of these areas should be blocked at anytime. Our after school pick up goes pretty quickly; the majority of students are picked up before the buses leave at 3:20 PM. Please be patient and safe for the sake of your child and all the other children and adults at our school. Thank you!
Recently, parents have been coming into the office to wait for their children at the end of the day prior to the 3:10 PM bell. When the parents present start visiting with each other, the noise level in the office gets very loud. This makes it very difficult for our office staff the answer the phones and conduct school business. If you are coming to pick up your children after school, please wait for them outside the main office doors, and let your children know that’s where you’ll meet them.